Monday, July 31

Shoulders, what shoulders?

I found the camera! So here is a real entry.

The yarn I was using for the Sweet Pea Shawl was looking too thick especially in black… it looked quite fishing net. I may try it with some DK weight black. I hope I will, at least.

So, as you can tell from my inexplicably changing progress bars, I’m now working on knitting the Multilayered Tube Shawl in blue KSH. I bought it last year for a project with KSH and Big Wool, the KSH was on sale but I could never afford the Big Wool. The Shawl is from AlterKnits and is worked in the round. And is bloody boring. I think shall have to seriously take up lace. That way I can make something more challenging and impressive should I find some cheap Kid Silk Haze.

I’ll need some fabric to thread thought the middle. I’ll need a trip to Bury Market (voted the best market in the UK or England… one of them) and possibly my Nan’s. She can help me sew. I’m… not good in that department.

I’ve been knitting it a round and about for three weeks now. That picture is of me in the park. Taken by Tom (thank you ) I’ve also knit it in bars in London, Regent’s Park, Tom’s parents house, restaurants in Ramsbottom, three different beds, and my bedroom which doesn’t have a bed. I would really rather it be done in the next ten days.

I’ve been taking advantage of the half-price Rowan sale (and free shipping!) at my all time favourite online wool shop Stash to buy four balls of Ribbon Twist in Rumba (tension square above) which I want to use to make Charlotte from Rowan 38. Yummers. I’m in a shoulder covering mood.

But first!

I’m going to have to use those three balls of white fluffycrap to make a baby cardi. The apples are just to make the picture interesting.

No comments: