Monday, August 21

See, I do knit!

New batteries in my camera means it’s… A Gratuitous Picture Post

First of all there’s the new hardware. It’s a BagSmith Tool Tote. And fits a very lot of things in. With the exception of most of my needles. Only ones up to 10” will fit. Most of my inherited and bought needles clock in at 14. Including those lovely copper plated ones popping out of the bag. I think they must have belonged to Great-Grandma.

On the needles is the bloody ugly baby cardi. That poor thing is going to look like a chicken when it’s born. I do love novelty yarns (especially railroad) but not for a cardi.

Onward to the FOs…

Pattern: Charlotte (Rowan Knitting & Crochet Magazine 38) Yarn: Ribbon Twist in Rumba Ya What: 8sts*11rows, 60m, 100g, 70% wool 25% acrylic 5% polyamide, Lot 11B5 For: Me Why: Because I’m young, some people find me vaguely attractive sometimes, and I can ware what the feck I want. Even if it is a bulky poncho. Alterations: Gauge slightly tight. Opinion: Generally fun and fast. Already spilt curry on it.

Pattern: Marloes Sand Hat (Rowan Knitting & Crochet Magazine 40) Yarn: Ribbon Twist in Rumba Ya What: 8sts*11rows, 60m, 100g, 70% wool 25% acrylic 5% polyamide, Lot 11B5 For: Me Why: Leftovers + new magazine + cables = new hat Alterations: No earflaps, still not decided on bobbles. I’m not doing two but what do you think about one? Opinion: Can be worn hair up or down, very warm, absolutely lovely. Cables are great but you can’t really see them in the mag so I have extra shot of them just for you.

No comments: